Saturday, July 24, 2010

Markets, Walking, and 39 Steps

Started out the day going to Camden Market.  We had been there before, but apparently we didn't do it right because we missed all the good stuff!  Everyone here at the centre had been talking about these donuts they have, so we started out the day getting one of course!  Then all of us (literally ALL of the girls here) have been getting these charm necklaces at a booth at the market.  So I went and got one today.  The lady who owns that booth loves us so much from all the business we've given her!





Next we went to Burough Market.  This market was way cool.  It is all food!  They had tons of fresh fruit stands, fish, meats, cheese, jams, breads, and so much more!  We ate lunch there by taste testing basically!  I bought a little thing of delicious pesto to bring home.  It was a delicious place to be!



We then have an assignment to go on a walk though the City part of London.  The City is the old area where the Roman wall surrounded London.  We walked over the London Bridge, and past some important sights that I am ashamed to say I have forgotten what they were!  But here are some photos of us trying to find where we are supposed to go and getting lost!




Oh yeah!  We found where they filmed Diagon Alley for Harry Potter!  Now I just need to find Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross Station and my Harry Potter sights will be complete!


Later tonight we went and saw the show 39 Steps.  It is a comedy that is a parody of a bunch of Alfred Hitchcock films.  The theatre was right in Picadilly Circus, which was cool.  I can't lie, it wasn't my favorite show I have seen.  It was a little bizarre and over the top for me.  But a ton of other girls who went liked it a lot!  So maybe I'm just weird!


No comments: