Thursday, July 8, 2010

Beethoven's 9th Symphony

Today I have been trying to finish up with homework before we go to Paris next week, so I spent a lot of my day in the dining room writing essays. While we were studying, President Samuelson came by just out of the blue! He and his wife and brother were in London doing business of some sort and he decided to stop by! I'm sure all my professors were thrilled that there was a big group of students there being studious and all. He was very nice and came and talked to each of us to ask about what we were doing, and how we were liking it.

Then tonight, as a group we got tickets to go see the London Symphony Orchestra perform Beethoven's 9th Symphony in St. Paul's Cathedral! It was so neat to hear the Ode to Joy in this giant cathedral with the amazing acoustics and amazing setting. It was definitely something to remember! I am not allowed to take pictures inside the cathedral, but we got a few outside before the show.






1 comment:

Brittany said...

sometimes i can't even get over how adorable we are. that lady in the pink totally wants to be friends with us.