Monday, August 16, 2010

Norfolk and Suffolk - My Heritage

So it has been a couple days since my last post.  On the 14th my mother arrived in London.  She came met me at the centre, got the grand tour, and then we set off to catch our train to Diss to visit with my family.



When we arrived my uncle, Mike, and two cousins, Sophie and Dylan, were there to greet us.  They have been so kind to take us around and show us how beautiful this area is.  We first were taken to our bed and breakfast, The Chameleon House.  It is sooo nice, especially compared to the rooms I have been living in for the past couple months!




We then went to dinner at JD Young Pub.  It was soo delicious.  I got the Tuscan Chicken and raspberry cheesecake.  The next morning we had a traditional English breakfast delivered to our room.  Now THIS is how traveling should be!





Our second day we then went horseback riding with a friend of my aunt and uncle's family.  She was very kind to take us on a long walk through the country.  It was lovely.  There were big wheat fields everywhere, and parsley fields, rolling hills, and so forth.  It was great!

Dylan, Sofia, Ali













Our third day, today, we went to Framlingham Castle.  This was where Mary Tudor was crowned Queen of England, and where she gave her first orders as queen.  It was so fun, and SOO cold!  We were all bundled up drinking hot chocolate!  We had a picnic to eat, but we ended up eating in the car because we were so cold!  Following Framlingham, we went to Southwold to see the coast.  It was warmer there, but still cold!  It was such a cute town with beach huts lining the entire beach!  I was shocked that there were actually people out in their swimsuits swimming in the water!  That's the English for ya!  If they didn't swim in the cold they would never swim!






You can see the tide has been getting so high there is no beach in between the wall and the ocean!

My mom and I by the lighthouse at Southwold
L to R:  Dylan, Mike, Sofia

3 comments:

robertmsorensen@msn.com said...

You didn't mention that in that really unflattering picture of me asleep in the chair that I was suffering from a severe case of jet lag! Oh, well, I've seen worse,

Thanks to Mike & Lisa, and cute little Sophia and Dylan for a fun day!

Unknown said...

Ali, um...I love your yellow jacket. So if I ever go to London, you coming with me to show me around. I have already decided.

Brittany said...

miss you lady. looks like your having a fantastic time.