Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Championships at Wimbledon 2010

So have you ever had one of those days were you woke up and were like, "Hmm...maybe today I should go to Wimbledon!" Me too. It happened today. AND IT WAS AWESOME!

We rode the tube which goes straight to the little town of Wimbledon. Then we got off and asked the cute little man how we get there, so we had to take a cab (only 2.50!) alllll the way around to the other side. We went through the queue and purchased tickets to get onto the grounds for 17 pounds. With that we got to wander all around the courts except Court 1 and Centre Court.

Then there is a line you can get in to buy people's tickets who have left their seats for 5 pounds! We got in to excellent seats in Court 1 watching the match between Petra Kvitova and Kaia Kanepi. It was an excellent match! Kvitova won. She lost the first set, won the 2nd in a tie break, and won the 3rd 8 to 6!

So next time you wake up and think, "Hmm...maybe today I should go to Wimbledon," I would highly recommend it!

Me by the lawn where you can sit and watch the large screen

On the Grounds!

Here is the chart they track everything with!



My roommate, Niki, and I on the tube to go to Wimbledon!

The town of Wimbledon

Court No. 1



These are the names of players on June 29, 2010


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What, you lucky girl! Yeah I wish I had the option of waking up and deciding if I wanted to go to Wimbledon or not. Goodness, how i wish I was you. ps you annoyed of my comments yet haha?

jane sorensen said...

I can't believe you really went to Wimbledon! Annie should have been there with you!