Tuesday, October 6, 2009

COMPUTERS, CARS AND CRIME!!!

With a title like that how can you resist reading this post eh!?!

Update on the life of Ali Sorensen:

This fall has marked the end of one big era in the life of a close friend.  My old jeep, who we named Bruiser.  He was a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee that lived under the care of my family for it's entire life (13 years/190,000 miles).  I spent so many good times in that car, and it was indeed good to me all throughout high school and the first two years of college.  You'll be missed 'ol pal!  


Bruiser going to that last oil change in the sky...



As for crime...


I just got done reading this book, and it was so good!  I am working at Seagull Book right now, and everyone I work with said I should read this book, and I had already listened to the first 3 chapters play over and over and over again on the stereo in our store, so I figured I would.  I finished it in about 2 and a half days (which for me is sayin something).  It's about a girl who's sister is killed in a car accident the same day her fiance disappears.  It starts 3 years after that when she is engaged again and weird things start happening.  You'll have to go to you're local Seagull Book to pick it up!

So I've covered cars and crime....now for computers!

I should get one of these because do you know what I did???  I have been living in my apartment with no internet except for when I steal my roommates "internet stick", as we call it.  But, today I went down into our basement and all by myself hooked up our router to my computer and I now have wireless internet!  Go me!

So those are the most exciting things that have happened to me thus far...and exciting they are indeed!  Try not to be jealous everyone!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi ali,

i will attempt to comment on your blog once again, but usually I run into problems. Anyway, I love your tribute to "Bruiser" (he was a good car) and I'm proud of your computer skills.

Elora said...

Yea you are super proud about that computer thing. I think it is so funny, but I am proud of you!

Brooke Boren said...

WAY TO GO ALI! Elora should be proud of you, because you are awesome!