Friday, April 17, 2009

DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER

So my mom has this obsession with American Idol that I don't share quite to the extent she does. So when she wanted me to watch this video from Britain's Got Talent I was expecting it to be pretty much like everything else she shows me all the time. However, all I can say is...WOW! This is truly AMAZING!

This is a woman who is from a villiage in Scotland. She has never been kissed, she lives with her cat and spent her life taking care of her late mother. Her mom always wanted her to go on this show, but she never did. When she first shows up, I thought what I'm pretty sure everyone else thought...that she was just going to embarrass herself. But she sure shut me up!

Gordon B. Hinckley said, "Why do any of us have to be so mean and unkind to others? Why can’t all of us reach out in friendship to everyone about us? Why is there so much bitterness and animosity? It is not a part of the gospel of Jesus Christ." After seeing the amazing talent this women has, everyone treated her with respect and stopped the laughter. But what if she couldn't sing? She still would be the same person who deserved the same respect! It is so sad that we treat people like that and don't think a second thought about it.

Stepping down from my soapbox now...but I hope this video teaches you the same lesson it taught me, because I think we probably all could be a little kinder to all the people around us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ali, you make a good point. You probably won't believe me when I say that that was exactly what I was thinking while watching that. Maybe that's why I bawled the whole way through! I love ya!

But you have to admit, you love Adam Lambert!

Love, Mom

Elora said...

My mom was taking about this lady all the way home from Provo. She sits there and watches it over and over again, its funny, she made me watch her and now I have a new singing hero.