Tuesday, August 11, 2009

AND SO I COME TO THE END OF ANOTHER SUMMER...

* * * SIGH * * *

As yet another summer of my life comes to a close, and I prepare to head back down south to the lovely city of Provo, I can't help but think back on how great my summer has been!  

It was kicked off by a trip to Vegas with the girls, followed by a fabulous cruise to the Caribbean.  I built up quite a nice tan...and then headed to EFY where it faded right back to white!  7 weeks of EFYing with some of the most amazing people I could ever meet, I came home and slept.  Followed by more sleep.  And then added a little more sleep on top of that.  

After sleeping a little bit more, I begin to look forward to the next chapter of my life.  I will be starting my 3rd year of college at BYU, and it suddenly dawned on me when I saw the word "Junior" next to my name that I am no longer one of the young unexperienced ones!  I'm a JUNIOR!!!  After a slight freak out moment, I calmed down and decided that I'm really not a junior, but I am a "junior."  While it may be my 3rd year, I won't be graduating for another 6 semesters (or another 3 years).  So I felt better about life, knowing that real adulthood is 3 years, not 2 years away!

Here is some more pictures from my summer...

Oh yeah!  I'm going to Disneyland next week for the first time since I was about 5 years old or so!  YIPEE!
Me and Brooke baking some of her FaMoUs CuPcAkEs!!!!


Painting the deck...and myself...


Aren't we so American?  My, my Mommy, and Brooke sometime between the 4th and 24th!


More of Brooke's FaMoUs CuPcAkEs!!!


 Me with my niece, Ivy, on her 1st Birthday!  My sister-in-law, Jamie, and her mom, Pam, did a great job making such a cute party!



4 comments:

jane sorensen said...

Allow me to be the first to comment on your summer blog. It truly has been a fun summer, but next summer don't let me go on vacation in May--I'm already ready for another one! Are you sure you don't want me to come to Disneyland with you? I promise I won't embarrass you too bad!!!

Jamie said...

Ali~ Such a cute post. I remember how it felt when summer was ending and another year at BYU was beginning. Its kinda bitter sweet! Anyways have a great year and who knows maybe Mr. Right will come knocking at apartment 590. It must be meant to be since I found mine there!!

Elora said...

Well I have to say it was a good summer...BESIDES the fact you were GONE for weeks at a time. Here were go JUNIOR YEAR!

Brooke Boren said...

cute post ali bear. however, i do not appreciate the sarcastic *tear* on my blog. you better watch out or i'll sic tomas on you and he'll beat you up. :)